By Davi-Ellen Chabner
Carry clinical terminology to existence with Davi-Ellen Chabner's bestselling The Language of medication, tenth version! via providing clinical phrases in the context of the body’s anatomy and body structure, and in overall healthiness and affliction, this confirmed source makes it effortless to benefit a operating clinical vocabulary equipped at the most often encountered prefixes, suffixes, and mixing varieties. functional routines and case reviews display how scientific phrases are utilized in perform. upload an attractive pupil Evolve site with scientific animations and video clips, notice video games, flash playing cards, and extra, and you’ll have the ability to converse with a bit of luck within the medical atmosphere and achieve your healthcare career.
• basic, transparent, non-technical factors demystify scientific terminology whether you've got very little historical past in drugs or science.
• useful functions similar to case reviews, operative and diagnostic exams, and laboratory and x-ray stories display using scientific terminology in practice.
• Self-study text/workbook procedure reinforces studying each step of ways with labeling diagrams, pronunciation checks, and overview sheets.
• Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, body structure, and pathology, placing clinical phrases within the context of the body’s constitution and function.
• entire glossaries and appendices function fast references to be used within the school room and at the job.
• NEW! In individual narratives assist you comprehend ailments and prerequisites from the patient’s perspective.
• NEW! a better glance highlights specific conditions.
• NEW! pictures and photographs illustrate tough phrases and procedures.
• NEW! phrases and definitions retain you brand new with healthcare advances.
• extra Spotlights establish and make clear in all probability complicated terminology.
• Error-prone abbreviations checklist derived from the Institute for secure medicine Practices (ISMP) checklist indicators you to abbreviations that are supposed to now not be utilized in the scientific atmosphere.