By Dan Maharry
Visual easy .NET is a strong .NET programming language that's usually thought of the “workhorse” of programming. extra, improvement in VB .NET debts for a big part of all programming efforts. to appreciate VB .NET is to fulfill not easy programming initiatives head-on.
Author Dan Maharry livens the subject together with his distinctive sort, and provides you with the ability set you will want and want, to go into trendy VB .NET programming jobs. This ebook is a perfect learn for starting and intermediate VB .NET scholars who are looking to comprehend the center of VB .NET and database programming. Maharry is on the top of his powers, and gives you to steer you on a memorable VB .NET journey.
Read Online or Download Beginning VB .NET 1.1 Databases: From Novice to Professional PDF
Best visual basic books
This consultant is strikingly varied from different books on Microsoft ADO. web. instead of load you down with idea, the recent version of ADO. web three. five Cookbook provides greater than 2 hundred coding options and top practices for actual difficulties you are prone to face with this expertise utilizing visible Studio 2008 and the .
A hands-on source combining visible simple programming with COM+ programming. as well as studying visible simple, readers methods to administer COM+ elements and supply safeguard. additionally they find out how COM+ can be utilized to unravel difficulties of firm program Integration.
The major to having access to the ability of each working method is its software programming interface (API). visible easy can entry merely a part of the home windows API with no targeted support. to write down the main strong attainable courses, VB programmers have to paintings with the entire API. the massive challenge for VB programmers in attempting to achieve this is that every one of the on hand documentation at the home windows API is written for C++ programmers.
No matter if you are not a programmer, you could fast discover ways to write macros, automate initiatives, and create customized purposes for place of work 2007 with Microsoft'sVisual easy for functions (VBA) and the in-depth guide during this accomplished consultant. you will bounce correct into the fundamentals of recording and working macros with Office's integrated Macro Recorder, prior to fast relocating to the necessities of VBA syntax, utilizing loops and services, development powerful code, and programming purposes in notice, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and entry.
- Expert .NET 1.1 Programming
- VBScript Scripting Reference
- A Programmer's Introduction to Visual Basic .NET
- C# & VB.NET Conversion Pocket Reference
- Build Your Own ASP.NET 4 Web Site Using C# & VB, 4th Edition
Extra info for Beginning VB .NET 1.1 Databases: From Novice to Professional
8. Click the Generate Dataset... link. CHAPTER 2 ■ CREATING A SIMPLE DATABASE APPLICATION 9. In the dialog box, change the name from DataSet1 to DataSetEmployees (see Figure 2-7) and click OK. The dataset will be added to the tray. Figure 2-7. NET has actually been busy writing code for you with each step. You now have the ability to connect to a database, select specific data, and work with that data using a dataset. You’ll look more at data adapters and datasets in Chapter 8, where you’ll learn how to code and use them.
2. Close() End Sub CHAPTER 2 ■ CREATING A SIMPLE DATABASE APPLICATION 3. Run the application, select the third name in the list, and change the last name of that employee as shown in Figure 2-14. Figure 2-14. Updating an employee’s last name 4. Hit the Tab key. This will update the database (see Figure 2-15). Figure 2-15. Updated employee’s last name How It Works You created a single event handler, TextBox_Validated, which is triggered whenever a Validated event fires, regardless of which text boxes fired it.
2. Enter the information from Table 1-1 into the Connection tab of the Data Link Properties dialog box (see Figure 1-10). Table 1-1. Connection Properties Property Value Server name (local)\netsdk Authentication Use Windows NT Integrated Security Database Northwind Figure 1-10. Specifying connection properties 3. Click the Provider tab. On this tab you can select which provider to use to connect to a database server. NET data provider (introduced in Chapter 4) but can connect to MSDE (see Figure 1-11).
Beginning VB .NET 1.1 Databases: From Novice to Professional by Dan Maharry