By Tom Douglas
A idea of Groupwork perform relies at the result of the hunt for the basic similarities within the perform of all groupworkers in no matter what career or surroundings they might function. The theoretical innovations utilized by groupworkers can be extensively version, yet what staff really do while in interplay with the teams they carry or adapt exhibits outstanding similarities that are deeper and extra influential than the ideas in selling or fighting winning crew results. This ebook offers the principles of a coherent concept of crew paintings perform in response to those similarities.
Read Online or Download A Theory of Groupwork Practice PDF
Similar social work books
Considers the jobs performed by means of the most important political events, foyer teams and ideologies in settling on Australia’s present welfare-related results.
This clinician-friendly advisor offers a version for enticing the main difficult childrens and households who're served via the kid welfare, psychological healthiness, juvenile justice, and specific educations structures. those young ones are one of the so much afflicted consumers that therapy prone will ever come across.
This quantity is helping to organize scholars for social paintings perform and to boost their wisdom referring to selling the social inclusion of individuals with psychological illnesses, the altering context of multidisciplinary psychological well-being prone, an built-in proof base for perform, and dealing with individuals with psychological illnesses around the lifestyles path.
Social conception, Social swap and Social paintings has inter-related subject matters. First to account for and examine present adjustments in social paintings and secondly, to evaluate how some distance contemporary advancements in social concept can give a contribution to their interpretation. Representing the paintings of a number of teachers all enthusiastic about learn and instructing on the subject of social paintings, it considers problems with relevant value to every body drawn to the speculation, coverage, and perform of social paintings.
- Caribbean Healing Traditions: Implications for Health and Mental Health
- Couples, kids, and family life
- Criminal Justice and the Placement of Abused Children
- Human Rights and Social Justice in a Global Perspective: An Introduction to International Social Work
- Decision Making in Social Work
- Inside Kinship Care: Understanding Family Dynamics and Providing Effective Support
Extra info for A Theory of Groupwork Practice
3c. 3d. 3e. There are two definable forms of groupwork groups: 'created' and 'adapted'. A group is created for groupwork purposes by the coming together of a number of individuals for a shorter or longer period of time, this coming and being together constituting a fundamental and necessary condition for the achievement of their goals and one which occurs under the aegis of a groupwork convenor or convenors. A group is adapted to groupwork purposes when an already existing group, created, formed or arising for purposes other than those of groupwork, is entered by a groupworker or groupworkers with the intent of working with the members of that group to achieve specific groupwork ends.
41) It seems likely that affiliative social bonds have survival value for groups and that innate affiliative patterns of behaviour have evolved. Relations between members of a group can be seen as an equilibrium between aggression and affiliative processes: the affiliative processes hold the aggressive ones in check. (Argyle, 1970, p. 31) In order to resolve what might be a confusion between affiliation and association a simple definition would be that affiliation is a need or a drive and associative patterns are the visible products of that drive.
Bearing these facts in mind, it will be necessary to treat the Associative Patterns 45 observed features reported in groupwork literature with some caution, because even constantly reiterated and repetitive descriptions of processes must be discerned as being contaminated by the values and expectations of those who record them. So, despite the rash of non-relevant absolute distinctions in groupwork, like the social groupwork group, it is clear that social groupworkers have at least two different starting-points for the implementation of their aims and intents.
A Theory of Groupwork Practice by Tom Douglas